Re: Windshield vibration

At 12:50 PM 04/04/1999 -0700, Paul wrote:
>I noticed that the fairing is very flexible at the rear edge of the
>windscreen and this does seem to cause the mirrors to vibrate to some
>extent, this is especially noticeable when the road is not very smooth (most
>of the time in PA).

That was what I noticed as well - if I could feel the bump through the bars
it was reflected as well in the mirrors as vibration. Maybe the local roads
around here are just smoother than those where people are having problems
with the mirror.

>bodywork. I was going to install the heated grips this morning but did not
>complete the job. Got all of the retainers I could find off the upper
>fairing and still seemed to be missing something so I put it back together
>rather than risk breaking something because I missed a fastener.

It's not really that bad. Remove mirrors and windshield. Remove 10 bolts
securing cockpit assembly to the fairing subframe - four of which are on
the under side of the light area (2 silver and 2 black). Once these are
removed the fairing can be coaxed as one piece (2 sides and the center)
from the sub frame. Once you have it out a few inches, remove the 2 plugs
from the lights and the plug for the center lamp. Just take it slow and you
should have no problem.

- - Eric