Re: New Sprint

Eric Sheley <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

(half-faired Sprint)

> I think we can pretty much expect this bike at the end of the year or
> beginning of next year.

As a man from Triumph told me it would be out sometime (but not to
hold my breath), then most definitely.

> From the different things I've seen on it
>
> - The engine will be the same
> - Will use the 600 double sided swingarm - because of this, there will not
> be a hard luggage offering

I'm not convinced about this. MCN said this, but they also said
exactly the same about the Sprint ST. The production cost of the
single-sider is 70% that of the double-sider, IIRC.

Also, I've picked up a rear suspension section (swinging arm, shock,
linkages, hub) of a single-sider, and it didn't seem that heavy.

> - You can get it in any colour you want as long as it is yellow
> - Will have a half fairing like the old Sprint
> - Retail price about 800-1000 Brit Pounds less

All sounds about right.

> I will be very happy however if there is a new ST Sport in the fall, as it
> means that Triumph is firmly behind the Sprint line.

And it means I can get a Triumph which is a rather better
implementation of what I've done with my T595. Or maybe just nick the
fairing...

- --
Mike (DF) Fleming  MAG #79794   DoD #4446  OT #3   UKMC #9  FAB #10
                   GAGARPHOF #6 JKLO #004  KotWP7  RotRotRotKotL
                   SST #69      BOF #024   BFG     JHLO #1  ITG#3