Re: New Sprint

At 01:02 AM 04/05/1999 +0000, Mike wrote:
>(half-faired Sprint)
>> - Will use the 600 double sided swingarm - because of this, there will not
>> be a hard luggage offering
>
>I'm not convinced about this. MCN said this, but they also said
>exactly the same about the Sprint ST. The production cost of the

I've seen it in a few UK mags - but they may be re quoting the info from
MCN. The explanation I heard was that because of the double swingarm, they
were not able to tuck the exhaust down far enough to mount the ST bags. So
it would require another kit altogether and was not thought that Triumph
would invest the money in developing it. My guess is that they will come
out with a soft luggage offering that will fit all T5's and ST's (but again
this is only a guess)

Hopefully as we get closer to the release date, we'll start hearing more
information

- - Eric