Re: Rallys and such

Being a life long Rally Rat, I like the idea of a rally centering around motorcyclists having a common goal, enjoying their bikes.  I have only been to one RAT function, up in Galena, Ill, unfortunatly most of the fun group stuff was scheduled for Fri night and early Sat, a real downer for those of us who travel after work on Fri.
I grew up going to BMW national rallys in many places.  I would suggest the best of them are where every one is camping together, because usually camp grounds and hotels are not very close and one group often feels left out if the other does something interesting.  I have experienced this at the RAT meet where I had to search out a campground because the hotel it was being held at didn't have any rooms avaliable.
I would also like to voice my opinion that the HOG club style should also be avioded.  Everyone worrying about their bike parked in the parking lot of a big hotel is not a good time.
As for where, I agree with anywhere not flat.  I live in St Louis, MO so almost everywhere is a few days ride for me.  I would like to avoid riding across Kansas and Nebraska, again, but the destination should be worth it, getting to know fellow trump heads.
Sorry for the length of this post but I felt the need to add my 1.5 cents in, yes there is more to this rant but it gets boring.