Re: Proud new owner

Letters bent in two sounds fine; then the gatso cameras wont read your plate :)  Alot of riders do this in Germany deliberately as their is no apparent law preventing it!
If you get stopped just ask the police how you are supposed to attach a rectanglar 260mm plate to a bike with panniers.  You could also ask John Fitzwater at Thunderbike Powersports in Nelson (or Ian, his brother) how they solve this on their ST and Sprint Execs.
cheers
Jonathan

>>> "Steve Colebrooke" <spcole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 08/04/99 11:04:20 >>>
I wonder if any of you can help me.

I received my new red ST with panniers two days ago but still haven't got to
ride it yet. The dealer forgot to attach the registration plate before
trucking it down to me so sent the plate via courier.

Now can anyone tell me how to attach the reg plate so that I can still
attach/detach my panniers? It appears that there is only one legal size of
plate here in New Zealand, an oblong some 260mm in length. If I attempt to
bend it, the first and last letter/number will be bent in two too!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
Sky Consulting Ltd. Tel:+64 6 377 7399  Fax:+64 6 377 7366
  Information Systems Consultancy and Project Management
 227F Upper Plain Road, RD8, Masterton, 5921, New Zealand
  Steve Colebrooke Mobile:+64 25 840 854  ICQ UIN:807818
  Stephanie Young  Mobile:+64 25 840 853  ICQ UIN:859455
Emails skycon,spcole&skyoung are all @sky-consulting.co.nz