Panniers, fuel gauges, and a company that couldn't find the horse they rode i

I'm told by Leeza at Triumph that I, (or my dealer), is 17th on the list for
panniers.  I'm also told that enough panniers to fill all the backorders have
shipped from Triumph in two cantainers.  The first container may arrive in
enough time so that I won't have to cancel my trip to the Hill Country due to
Triumph's incompetence.  The other container will surely arrive too late.
What Triumph can't seem to tell me is if my order will be filled out of the
first container or the second.  Isn't this simple math?  Do they not know how
many pannier sets are in each container and how many are on backorder?  Maybe
that's how they got themselves into this mess?  If I gamble and give Triumph
the benefit of the doubt that they will be here by the end of the month as
they are saying, (but they said that last month too), and they dont make it,
will Triumph pay me back my hotel deposits?  Should I attempt to go anyway
and just bungee our luggage for four days on my passenger's back?  Oh,
perhaps I'm being unreasonable, after all its only been four months and
one-third a year isn't all that long to wait especially when Triumph is doing
such a good job communicating about this issue.  Ha.  Well they can count on
me communicating at the rally (if I make it), the Honday Hoot, and all the
internet lists I'm on, and  to everyone I know about this situation if I
don't hear something, anything, even least a gesture of effort form Triumph
that they care about this situation!

Also, had Triumph stated an official fix for the faulty fuel gauges?  My
dealer hasn't heard anything and from what I know its the 'sending unit.'
Does anyone have a part number so I can tell them what to order?  (Does
something seem backwards here?)

Rick P
Houston TX
99 Sprint
(beginning to wish it was a ST4, ...or a R1100S, ... or a VFR800 w/ Givis)