Re: NO! Don't tell me we are defending Triumph by comparing them to Harleys!

Rick wrote:
>>I know my post was a bit pessimistic, but let's not get out of hand here.
>>I'd hate to think we are at the point where we have to defend Triumph by
>>comparing them to the situation Harley owners find themselves in.  But then
>>again, we must be honest and right now comparing Triumph to world class bike
>>manufactures like BMW, Ducati, Honda, and the like doesn't leave them
looking
>>so good....  Hummmm...  HEY!  My Sprint ST can really out corner a Wide
Glide!

It was not my intention to compare the bikes - only the parts and
accessories. Say what you will about Harleys (I've said a lot myself), they
move a lot of parts and accessories and are quite good at doing it.

Duner wrote
>  When the BMW K1200RSs and Cruisers came out there were plenty of
>remarkably similar problems that ST owners are experiencing now. More, in,
>fact. My 98 Valkyrie came with a defective battery.
> While it's not much solace to people waiting for hard bags, this could be
>a case of Triumph being jerked around by Givi.
>  Keep the faith. We're all contributing to Triumph's efforts to become a
>big time player. Again.

except that the bags are not made by Givi - they are made by a firm named
"Acerbis" They make the bags for the ST, Trophy, Executive and the Tiger.
There was a delay from them originally but these delays on the 3 box, I
believe are related to the top rack. It's a shame that they couldn't ship
the 2 box part of the 3 box as they come separately anyway - they would
have made a lot of people happier that way.

I agree in keeping the faith - anyone that has heard me talk for any length
of time will hear me praise Triumph quite regularly. I do however have a
problem with the lax attitude of some at Triumph in taking care of
problems. They sometimes seem far to unconcerned with complaints and seem
to let problems continue for a long period of time before taking steps to
correct them. I guess my real problem is I expect people to communicate
honestly with me and seem to find less and less people willing to do that.
It seems that it is easier to make up an excuse then to give accurate
information.

That being said, I really love Triumph and I guess they do so many things
right, that I expect them to do everything right..... sorry for the mini rant.

- - Eric