Fuel Gauge Fix Update / saddlebags / customer service!!!

Hello all, the saga of the useless fuel gauge continues...

Just got my sending unit replaced by my dealer as a fix to the very erratic
fuel gauge.  The gauge still has a mind of it's own.  I filled up the tank
and within 10 minutes of riding the gauge needle varied from almost full to
empty and the yellow "low fuel" light came on.  After a few minutes the
gauge reads half full, the yellow light goes off and the gauge starts
another crazy cycle of erratic readings.  My dealer now says they will order
a new gauge and see if that cures the problem......

My dealer contacted Triumph about the two bag set (only at my strong urging)
I am still waiting on.  (They were ordered in January.)  They were told the
same thing that others reported in a recent post -- that the backlog is to
be met by the end of this month.

I must agree with the negative comments regarding the apparent lack of
answers supplied by Triumph.  Say what you will about Harley-Davidson.  As
the former owner of two Harleys, I can attest that their customer service is
second to none.  Also as a comparison, any of you Saturn car owners know
what I am talking about when it comes to service after the sale.

I had a long talk with my dealer the other day and politely said I wanted
better service if I am to remain a Triumph owner.  I also had that message
relayed to Georgia.  This is my first Triumph and I realize their will be
certain kinks in the system as far as getting parts/accessories and I can
accept that,  but lack of customer service and not answering customer
concerns is NEVER ACCEPTABLE IN ANY BUSINESS...PERIOD!!!

I will get off my soap box now.  The ST is a great bike, but there are
definitely some "growing pains" apparent at Triumph.

Charlie