RE: Aftermarket pipes

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, James Gillespie wrote:

>     I think a CF can would go well with the (faster, better handling,
> better looking and gets better fuel economy ;-) black bike but I hate
> Triumph's CF skin on a metal can - pointless!

No comment on the 'black' ST business.  Go fast = Red.  End of story ;-)

>  Does anyone know of a real CF aftermarket pipe?

I've been talking to both Staintune and Remus since, well, before I had
the ST, about pipes.  Staintune have a CF highrise (and low too I guess)
on the table and Remus were also working on one.  Next week is due for a
call back as it's "3 weeks" after they both said "we'll have news in 3
weeks".  There's also an Aussie mob doing a Black Widow styled twin-can
under seat setup that is reasonably priced.  They were waiting on an ST
for dyno testing when I spoke to them about a month ago.

I'll get back to the list as soon as I know whats going on.  2 of the 3
I've talked to are Aussie made so I'm sure we'll get the news first.

> Would having one fitted void the warranty?

Dunno on that point.  Doubt it, but that's just a gut feel.  Eric ???

Bambi