Re: Crankcase Bolt Recall

Greetings,

Finally got back on the email, only to be greeted by 200 emails since I
checked this morning - no wonder I never get any work done.The bulletin
that went out on April 1st, gives instructions for removing the current
plating for bikes exhibiting the leak.

The paragraph following the fix instructions states (notice the word
"replaced"):

"following the service bulletin, all affected models must have these bolts
replaced. A supply of the new bolts will be available in approximately 10
days"

The next line states in BOLD print (notice the word "temporary") :

"These instructions are for temporary repair, if necessary"

I have a copy of the bulletin in my hand - it is VERY clear to me from
reading this that the bolts need to be replaced, so I would say that the
dealers that are saying they only need to be cleaned, need to go back and
re read the memo. I have asked several sources if there have been any
subsequent notices that contradict the information on April 1st and have
not found any.

I did attempt to contact Triumph US, but Shaun Sisterson is in the UK and
the operator wouldn't let me talk to anyone else.

- - Eric