RE: Fuel Gauge Fix Update / saddlebags / customer service!!!

At 08:44 AM 04/15/1999 -0700, Martin wrote:
>Update
>	My gauge after the fix is working as it should.  No more crazy
>movement, tank registers full just after you start it up at the gas station.

Cool - Does it start dropping right away or does it still stay full for 100
miles?

>	One word of note, on the late parts.  If the dealer lied then he is
>a schmuck.  If you believed everything would come off without a hitch on a
>first year bike that was supposed to be released for sale in 98 and only
>came out in Feb of 99 on my side.  Think again, I am sure these guys are
>trying because it's in their best interest to do so.  I understand the

I agree - I think we all expected a few problems, an as far as the bike is
concerned, I've been very happy. What I would like to see is for Triumph to
put out a list to dealers with expected delivery dates on new parts. I was
in retail for 12 years and we added on average 500-800 new items every
year. We created a list that showed expected dates on all new items as well
as anything that was out for a long period and sent that to all stores
(over 7,000) on a monthly basis. Then instead of the field having no clue,
they could walk into any store and get the same answer.

And I truly believe that is all that most of the people that are having
problems are asking for - a straight answer.

- - eric