RE: Bolts and other stuff

At 02:45 PM 4/16/99 -0700, Retherford, Martin wrote:
>Well the gauge is confirmed to never be linear in its operation.  You will
>always see a full tank and then it will drop quickly to empty, but it won't
>freak out and go all over the place.  Moral of the story is that you should
>use your trip meter as well for insurance against running out of fuel
>(petrol for the Europeans).  Anybody ran a ST dry?
>If so, what did it take to get it back to normal?
>	My dealer is still bucking me on complete replacement of the bolts
>vs. just removing the bolts and re-torqueing, or whatever it is they are
>proposing.
>
>Ross, can you give some clarification on the subject?
>
>No pressure intended here for a response.  I ask so I can determine how hard
>I should push on these guys for replacement instead of a re-torque.

Talked to my dealer tonight, and, while they do not have the bolts yet, they
axknowledge that the factory calls for replacement in the bulletin the have
received.  Offer to get the factory involved in explaining to them how to
read the recall bulletin....  :-)

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx