ST Rally Choices

Hi Guys:

THIS E-MAIL OUTLINES SECOND ROUND VOTING FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN ST
RALLY.  PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW VOTING INSTRUCTIONS AT THE END.

First of all, let me tell you that my analysis of the 25 votes cast for
the ST Rally location may not be precise, but I figure it's petty good.
Of the 25 individuals/couples that voted, some listed mutiple locations
in their preferred order.  The range of miles that people were willing
to travel was between a "day trip" to 2000 miles.

The location with the plurality of votes is Colorado, with Avon being
the town being listed most often.  Arkansas was second, and only Eureka
Springs was mentioned as a location, but from looking at the map, it
should be a good one.  As for times, "late August/early September" got
the most votes with September coming in second.

As for the "central" location, this is subjective.  I used the locations
that the voters gave me and plugged them into TripMaker and asked it to
give me the shortest routes to Avon, Colorado and then to Eureka
Springs, Arkansas.  The average riding distance to Avon is 1,074.68
miles, and to Eureka Springs it is 945.08 miles, a difference of 129.6
miles. This, however, only tells half the story.

If the rally is in Avon, 19 out of the 25 who voted will have to travel
approx. 1300 miles or less to get there and 9 of those people listed
Colorado as one of their choices for the rally site.  Six riders would
have to travel over 1300 miles to Colorado.  One of these riders chose
Colorado and another, while listing no specific location perference is
willing to travel the nearly 2000 miles it will take for him to get
there.  Of course, this means that the 1100 miles he would have to
travel to Arkansas is also within his range.

If the rally is in Eureka Springs, 16 out of the 25 who voted will have
to travel approx. 1300 miles or less to get there, and 7 of those people
listed Arkansas as one of their choices for the rally site.  Seven
riders would have to travel over 1300 miles to Arkansas.  None of these
riders chose Arkansas as a rally site.

***************************
So with this (probably confusing) information, it comes down to this.
You have until the early morning of Sunday, April 25th, to cast your
vote for the following rally locations:  Colorado (Avon area) and
Arkansas (Eureka Springs area).   Considering the vote already taken,
please also note if there are any weekends between August 20th through
September 19th that you CANNOT attend at EITHER location.  When listing
your preferred location, please also list whether you will consider
attending the rally if it is held at the other location at a time that
is good for you.  This way we can get a tentative "head count".  You may
send your vote through the list or to me directly at RedRiders@xxxxxxxx
The direct route will save our European and Australian friends from
having to read about our voting!!

By the way, I believe I speak for almost everyone on the list when I say
that you do not have to own an ST to attend the rally.  If you are on
this list you have an interest in the bike and that's enough for me!
***************************

Once we start looking at facilities, the rally area may change slightly,
but we will try to get facilities in the same general area.    For
example, Fayetteville, Arkansas, is a larger city somewhat near Eureka
Springs and appears to be equally close to some nice twisties.  If we
run into problems, we will let the list know.  Once we chose a general
location, any input as to good roads/lodging/camping will be GREATLY
appreciated.

I will post an update to the list as to how the vote is going sometime
late on Thursday night.  I will be out of town on Monday through
Thursday afternoon.  Send your votes on anyway!!  Richard will be here
to faithfully download e-mail for my review when I return home!

Lisa White
Houston, Texas
1999 Red Sprint ST