RE: New subscribers

Okay, you asked for it!  Thanks for the welcome message.  I'm currently
looking at new bikes (it is Spring after all) and I really like the
Triumph Sprint ST.  When I found this site and list on the internet, I
thought I'd check it out to find out more about the bike before I made
my purchase decision.

I live in Arlington, VA and currently ride a Suzuki VX800.  It was
Suzuki's first attempt at the UJM (Universal Japanese Motorcycle).  It's
a V-Twin engine that displaces 805cc with shaft final drive.
Unfortunately, it didn't sell well so was only available for model years
90-93.  The bike currently has a Powerbronze half fairing, Givi hardbags
and a couple of other modifications that make it a great sport tourer
(sound familiar??).  Now I'm looking another newer bike to do a lot of
the same things only with perhaps a slightly more refined, put together
style (i.e., more factory items, less add-ons).  Naturally, the Triumph
Sprint ST looks like it will fit the bill.  I look forward to reading
more posts about the bike and will probably buy in MY '00.

Thanks!!  Jim Chen

ps:  the VX800 has a similar list if anyone wants to drop by.  Just send
a subscribe message to vx800-l-request@xxxxxxx or visit the website at
http://www.mcf.com/pages/lists/vx800lpage.html.  Happy riding!!

This electronic message transmission contains information from the
law firm of Hogan & Hartson L.L.P. which may be confidential or
privileged.  The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please notify us by telephone (202-637-5600) or by
electronic mail (PostMaster@xxxxxxxxx) immediately.