Question RE 500 mile service

Hello Everyone,

My ST is just about due for the first service and I was wondering if you
folks in Texas had opted for the Triumph synthetic oil for your first oil
change.  At those prices I just might ride out there if you did.  For
500-mile service here in Baltimore the shop wants $50 just for the oil plus
~$15 for the filter AND $110 for labor adding up to a total of about $180!!
That's half-way to a performance can!  This makes me want to ask the
following questions that I hope you guys can answer:

Q- Does the manufacturer's warranty require that the 500 mile service be
done by an authorized Triumph service center I do it myself?

Q- Is the Triumph synthetic oil the same as Mobile1 (at a mear $5 a qt) with
the Triumph logo?

Q- What the heck do they do besides an oil change and chain lube!?

Thanks,
Andy Kulp
Baltimore, MD