Re: Wiring update

At 12:04 PM 4/24/99 -0400, Eric Sheley wrote:
>I got an email from Triumph US last night on the wiring problem that some
>have been seeing. I passed on that we had 5 people on the list (at last
>count) that had seen the problem. They had not been receiving complaints of
>this, so they have sent the information back to Triumph UK for more
>examination. I will keep everyone updated on the progress.
>
>I checked mine (2000 miles) and talked with 2 others (1 at 2000 miles, and
>1 over 10,000 miles!) and none of us had any signs of wear, rubbing or
>cutting. If anyone else finds that they have the problem, let me know so
>that I can keep Triumph updated.

I informed my dealer (Motor Cycle Center in Villa Park IL) of this problem
and they found it as well on their demo unit.  They are inspecting all STs
as they come in for service now.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx