Re: front brake adjustment; seat catch failure

> I find the front brake on the ST to have way too much free travel before
anything happens, although they are plenty powerful enough when it does
start to bite.  I am convinced this is dangerous, as I lost the front end
for the first time ever on a bike (and survived!) on Sunday;  the point at
which the brakes start to bite seems to be totally inconsistent making it
very difficult to judge even in the dry; the Speed Triple was much better in
this respect (about the only thing!).
> Has anyone else had this problem, or found a way of improving it?
>
> On another note; since the dealer fitted the pannier boxes last week I can
no longer release the seat.  The key will not turn in the lock. Any ideas as
to how this can be fixed?

> thanks
> Jonathan
I think the brakes take up kind of slowly also, I tend to think it could be
a bleeding thing, I'm probably going to order a set of speed bleeders and
give that a try. I have the same problem with my seat lock (installed the
bags myself so can't blame the dealer) I think that the problem might be I
tightened the assembly that the lock fits into too tight. I can turn it but
it won't come back without some aid from the key.

Paul Steinbacher