Re: Buzz, Arkansas, bags/alarm, and postings

At 01:21 PM 04/27/1999 -0500, Jack wrote:
>	I like the buzz that comes with the ignition turn on. It's just like my

I had my neighbor sit on it and start it up - when he turned on the key, I
though he was going to jump right off the bike - "What the hell was that ?"
was his response as he quickly removed his hands from the ST ... ;-)

>	If we can get some good connections with the Triumph dealer in
>Fayettville we would probably be better off? Maybe a bike lock up

I was really excited when I heard that Lisa had made that contact. If
nothing else, having a dealer local if we should have any problems would be
advantageous. Plus, as you said, he should be able to point us toward the
best riding spots in the area.

>him plus the advantage of PARTS AND SERVICE if needed. Lets avoid the
>Scootermanic's. Nothing like a nice mountain twisty lined up behind a
>couple hundred scooters at 35 MPH. Passing?

This absolutely amazes me. I actually did some searching on the group this
morning. They have a member that completed the Iron Butt Rally (11,000miles
in 10 days) on a Honda Helix (250cc scooter). This group is a collection of
these "rather unique individuals" that tour the US on their scooters
(mostly the Helix model). Top speeds of 70mph - wahoo ? ! ? .......

Methinks passing 30 or 40 of them at a shot would be rather fun though .....

>	I'm now at 98 days since picking up my ST and still waiting on the
>alarm and side bags. I sent Triumph a E-mail at their internet site
>asking why they didn't have a FIFO system since some folks are getting

send it instead to newtricorp@xxxxxxx attn Shaun Sisterson - you should get
better results.

>	Just a suggestion but if we would delete most of the old message it
>would sure save some bandwidth. Maybe just a short piece of original?

Thanks Jack - I agree - leave enough of the email so that we know what you
are referring to, but please try not to respond to the whole message. It
will also help keep the digest a little neater (hats off to all of you that
read through that each day...)

Just be glad someone hasn't responded from the digest with an entire copy
of the digest in tow ......

>	I love the bike and so far no oil leakage, fuel gauge still works
>correctly, windscreen creates a heavy bug load on the helmet shield at
>speed.

I can hardly wait until Love Bug season - a science experiment gone awry -
supposed to be really bad this year because we didn't have much cold. Do
you have the grasshopper swarms or is that somewhere else out there?

- - Eric