Thanks, problem, and feedback

	Eric, thanks again for the list and the e-mail address for Triumph.
I'll try it.
	Grasshoppers have not been sighted in this part of Texas yet. However,
the kamikaze tiny nat has been in swarms. Sunday, I had to stop about
every seventy miles to clean my face shield.
	I checked my ignition wires and found them tight but no chaffing at
1,700 miles. Moved them and zip tied to front of clutch case anyway.
	I checked the front brake and other cables and found that mine are in
clips and seem to be out of harms way.
	To Rich: the higher RPM's are not needed. That's one of the neat parts.
On my backwoods I sometimes just shift down to fifth in the corners or
don't downshift at all and let her pull her way out. Such a rush, in
complete control! The finish; is I think beautiful. You ought to see her
parked next to a VFR! The red is sooo red and bright. I can tell you
where the eyes focus and it's not the VFR. Price; I think the ST is
cheaper. Why? Let's start out at the ST being $1,000 more. The
difference in insurance for me was $782 for the VFR and $286 for the ST.
That's $496 per year. In two years the VFR is now only $8 cheaper. Let's
see now, around 50 MPG vs 30-35 MPG. I'll bet that works out to at least
eight dollars every year! That was one of the selling points when I was
looking at a Suzuki 750 Kantana. My wife and I decided that if I kept
this bike anywhere near as long as I had my GS750E Suzuki it would come
out a lot cheaper unless there was a major breakdown. And I paid for
what I really wanted. Oh yes, there's just one more thing on the cost;
there is NO WAY to put a price on the looks and comments I get almost
every time I stop for fuel, pull up to a crowd, or meet other riders,
PRICELESS!
	To irony?; Wait. I waited from Halloween '98 until January 19 without a
bike for the first time since 1964 and it was worth it. You'll always
wonder.
	My problem; this morning I waiting for the fuel pump to get up to
pressure and ignition! No go. For the first time I failed to hear that
great sound. All I got was five ten second spins with only an occasional
slight hit from one cylinder. After this I shut her down all the way and
tried again. Nothing except spinning and the occasional hit without
life. On the sixth try after turning the ignition all the way off and
back on I opened the throttle about an eighth turn (as you are NOT
supposed to do) and IGNITION! She ran just fine, Great ride at an
indicated eighty to work about 24 miles with only one stop sign and one
red light on the highway. You know it's bad when you hope you catch the
light so you can again use that great torque to hit the speed limit in
second and then start shifting up. After I got to work I went back out
three hours later and she started right up. Any ideals? Remember, my
bike also went through that one period about two months ago when she
would die every time I pulled the clutch in. This continued that day
until after I shut the ignition completely off and then it cleared on
restart and has never happened again.

- --
"The truth is out there"

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays, Red Triumph ST "Merlin"
Raytheon TI Systems Company
Harpoon Manufacturing
Voice Number: 972-952-5065
Pager Number: 972-598-0346
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.