Bike Du Jour !!!!

Hello All,

I am interested in purchasing a ST (my 1st choice) or the Honda VFR, as
a first bike, I'm looking to grow into the bike and not out of it.
Perhaps those bikes aren't suitable first mounts, if not - what are some
of the better starter bikes? I'm 43, married and have very limited cycle
experience. In fact, this upcoming weekend I'll be attending the local
MSF course and later on in time a Pridmore's Class School.

The type of riding I'll be doing is mostly city (approx. 3 to 4 days a
week) and open highway (from L.A. to San Fran. - 475 miles), once every
few months. Some people might think a ST isn't a good first bike. Does
anyone have any thoughts on the following bikes, and why I should
consider them?

		'86 VFR 500F
		'89 Honda 650 Hawk
		 Kawasawki EX 500 (1987 - 1993)