Re: RE: Uh Oh !

If I were you, I would try to identify the source of the leak.  but first, the area must be cleaned thoroughly with degreaser and low pressure water (not from a pressure washer).  I tried wiping the suspected area on my ST first, but the stuff reappeared.  It did not seem to go away until I thoroughly douche'd the area with degreaser.  Is your oil level dropping?

>>> "Martin Wilson" <banzaibandit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 08/02 4:21 PM >>>
Unfortunately I don't think it is.
I wiped a finger across the bottom of the engine and it was wet with oil.
The bike has done 850 miles so I don't think it's a protective film.
Also it's not spots, the whole of the back of the oil cooler is covered.

Martin W.
Triumph Sprint ST (99)
Bandit6
Too Dangerous to live, Too Stupid to Die
http://www.onewheelsenough.freeserve.co.uk/BanzaiBAndit/