Re: First Bike

A mate of mine purchased a used Yamaha TRX 850 as his first bike.  I test
rode it for him and thought it was great as a first up machine.  It's a
low reved twin with good torque but not too much power or performance -
enough for fun but it shouldn't catch you out.  The torque is nice
for those far too frequent corners in the wrong gear when you're starting
out ;-)

It's not a head snapper at 75 bhp but it's a good power level for a person
of reasonable weight (i.e. not a teenager) and doesn't need to be ridden
in "race mode" all the time like the smaller rev boxes.  Both the power
and torque are there from way down the rev range.

The naked nature of it also keeps costs down if you put it over.  No lower
fairing to fix up.  With an aftermarket pair of cans (as my mate's got) it
sounds like a ducati on steroids too!

		http://vehicle.com/mo/mccolin/trx.html

Bambi