5500 mi. in 2 weeks (some product eval. included)

- --------------7CC5C69EDC9C6CBF8BEBD882

Hey folks,
    Not a major accomplishment considering I spent 3 days at Laguna, and a day
& a half getting my 6000 mi. tuneup. Do the AMA boys kick ass or what??
Ducatis.
My intake valves were spot on, however he (Scott) shimmed my exhaust about
.004 (too tight) Sable ran like a champ the entire ride. Shredded the rear
tire on the Oregon coast and had to forge inland to Salem, Oregon where a guy
named Joe spent an hour (getting the bags and such out of his way) to replace
it with a D-204. He charged me $20 !!! Salem Honda & Ducati.
Forging norte, I went to Lynwood cycle (Seattle), to see if they could do the
6000 mi. deal. No way! They wanted $450 and a week? A salesman there (can't
tell you his name by request) directed me to Scott and his wife Beth. They not
only build intake systems for 3 cyl. Triumphs out of their home, but did an
excellent job of showing me real home hospitality!!
They actually sell these systems to Jack Lilleys on a constant basis and he
(Scott) builds race bikes!! Very cool!! This guy is so meticulous and relaxed
with his family, I was blown away! Had to replace the rear pads (I trail brake
often) other than that, Sable was in great shape. If anyone wants to enhance
the ST's performance get ahold of Scott @ (423)774=0822 or SDZM96@xxxxxxxx He
absolutely digs 3 cyl. Triumphs!! However he had to take on a job at Seattle
Ducati to influence his income. His backyard shop is dedicated to the
improvement of Triumph breathing!!
Onward to Seatlle, a little rain along the Columbian, but the extended screen
from Lilley's worked great!! I used the heated grips from Triumph several
times during the rain runs, and was never dissappointed! You can get your
gloves soaked and still be warm.
The bags are a little wimpy, however, but actually worked quite well! You just
have to fit them around your cargo. Many commented on my clean setup!
I went for a ride to and through Lolo Pass with some Canadians, 1 on a ZX-9r
and the other on a Fireblade (RR900). They were skeptical of the Triumph at
first, but had a totally different opinion at the end of the day!! We had more
fun than a person is supposed to!!!
"I can't believe that thing with it's baggage is pushing me through this
canyon!" We had a great beer drinking evening afterwards, maybe they'll let me
into the country next year.
Sable performed flawlessly during this trip, and I'm just sorry I don't have
more vacation to do the Ark. ride.
            Hopefully I'll see some of you soon,
                                                                Jim

ST Webpage wrote:

> Walter Adams Has uploaded the following file for you to view
>
> Description :-
> Can't a man read, without being
> confronted with some listers
>
> Is that you with some others Eric ??
>
> URL :- http://www.triumphnet.com/st/upload/rat_blad.jpg
> File size = 39855

- --------------7CC5C69EDC9C6CBF8BEBD882

Hey folks,
days at Laguna, and a day &amp; a half getting my 6000 mi. tuneup. Do the
AMA boys kick ass or what??&nbsp;&nbsp; Ducatis.
about .004 (too tight) Sable ran like a champ the entire ride. Shredded
the rear tire on the Oregon coast and had to forge inland to Salem, Oregon
where a guy named Joe spent an hour (getting the bags and such out of his
way) to replace it with a D-204. He charged me $20 !!! <b>Salem Honda &amp;
Ducati</b>.
[...]
you to view
*&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp;
*&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp;
*&nbsp;&nbsp; *
for ST and Mailing List info</blockquote>

- --------------7CC5C69EDC9C6CBF8BEBD882--