Re: Tires

Charlie, I hope you mean 10,500km!?  10,5 miles would be about 17,000km, or something like double the mileage I managed on the stock tyres.  You must have spent half the time on the front and half on the rear to make that, so we'd like to see some pictures of those stoppies :)

- - Jonathan

>>> "Charlie" <onegudman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 05/08/99 00:01:58 >>>
    I am thinking I win the award for the longest wear out of the stock
Bridgestones.  I got 10,500 miles out of the rear until the wear bars
showed.  This was mostly commuting/touring miles with backroad bashing on
the weekends to keep the tire edges feathered!  Never liked these tires much
on this or other bikes.

    Put on the Dunlop 207s and really like the positive feel and stickyness
(no more fishtailing the rear end) but too early to tell about wear.  I have
found that rear tire wear is directly proportional to how hard you twist
your right wrist anyway.

Charlie