Radar Havin', Triple Speedin', Tire Huggin, Gettin Head Kind of Guy

Plastic Hugger-  So far, No problems.

Tires-  My opinions:  The BT57 ranks just above 'suck' on the scale.  The
D207s are  great. I loved them on my VFR.  Michelin Pilot Sports tested
better than the D207 in a British Magand will probably be my next set of
tires.  Metzlers- I've heard good and bad, and have no first hand knowledge,
but they're 20% more than D207s and no many claim they're better.  FYI I go
more on performance than mileage and expect about 4000 out of a BT57 (had a
flat at 3000 so im not sure on actual life yet) and have gotten 4000 out of
D207s.  Again FYI, I run my suspension somewhere just tighter than the firm
solo settings.  (not sure exactly where since I just tweeked from there).

I use a Escort Solo Radar Detector with an earphone jack into my AutoCom.
Works fine to me.  I have an extra I'm selling if anyones interested for
about $100.  Its the new 2 AA battery powered model.

The Triumph bags are stable at 100mph.... but the windshied and mirrors are
f*in' out of control!

Head gasket is fixed- pick bike up tomorrow.

El Ricardo
Houston, TX

End of st-digest V1999 #168