RE: Radar Detectors

I know when I use to have a radar detector in my truck I use to relax
and not look for cops thinking I was covered with the radar detector.
More times than not I would about jump out of my seat when all of a
sudden this blaring sound goes off and I see a cop 100s of feet in front
of me. Obviously it was to late to hit the brakes.  Personally I think
they are useless. I use the look ahead method. Actually I think this
also helps in looking out for dangerous situations up ahead. One other
thing I have noted is that I think radars have a hard time picking up
bikes. Quite often on my way to work they have a stationary radar that
displays your speed.  Its amazing how close I have to get before it
picks me up (ducking be hind the screen seems to help). If there is a
car behind me a lot of times it doesn't even get me but focuses on the
car.  One time I estimate I was within 100-150 feet before it
registered. Hopefully these radars are the same ones used in the cop
cars!!! My point is if you are observant enough you should be able to
avoid 90% of your speeding tickets. Just my .02 worth.

Troy