<<Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:55:41 -0700
From: "Retherford, Martin" <MRetherford@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Radar Detectors

<snip>  I think the entire concept of a detector may be predicated on the
idea that you are not going to be the first one getting zapped by whatever
method used.  The only way a detector can receive a signal is when it is out
there to be received.  This only makes the detector effective for radar
signals (ONLY) and in moderate to crowded traffic situations where you are
not as likely to be speeding anyway due to the desire not to die.
	Thinks about this folks before investing whatever these sellers are
asking for their product.

Martin>>