Brake Lag

Now that the brakes have bedded in (the bikes now got 1000 miles on it)
The brakes seem to have some free play in them i.e. when you pull the lever,
the first 1/2 inch or so does nothing then the brakes bite.
I've spoken to Steve Lilley and he's looking to try another larger master
cylinder to cure it.
Has anybody else had this problem and if so, have you managed to cure it ?
I read Motorcycle News (Brit weekly bike rag) today and they complained
about the mushy brakes saying they changed the pads and had the brakes bled.
Obviously I don't need new pads but is air in the brake lines the problem
with the Sprint or is it something more fundamental like the master cylinder
?

Martin W.
Triumph Sprint ST (99)
Bandit6
Too Dangerous to live, Too Stupid to Die
http://www.onewheelsenough.freeserve.co.uk/BanzaiBAndit/