Re: st-digest V1999 #172

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:21:07 -0700, in Mailing-Lists.Triumph you
wrote:

>Hold on sport, have you ridden every ST? I have had mine up to an indicated
>130 mph, and while the mirrors vibrate more than at 80-90, they, and the
>fairing, are NOT dancing all over, threatening to take off, etc.

Mine seem to have smoothed up with age. Or I jsut got used to it.

>I would guess that vibration, like tires and pannier choices is in the eye
>of the beholder.
>
>On the other hand, perhaps the difference is the much smoother RED ST's <g>

In City Bike this month one of the colomnests was discussing a
universal truth about bike color. He discovered, in his quest to buy a
good used bike, that black bikes get waxed, white bikes get abused,
and red bikes get stripped and hammered.