Re: What the well-prepared ST rider keeps under his or her rear seat.

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:07:30 -0700, Eric Sheley <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I cannot remember any rubber pieces on mine other than the two that came
>with the panniers, but they are nowhere near the seat (they protect the
>underside of the fairing from the pannier supports)
>
>Where are these pieces exactly ? Maybe mine fell off long ago and I did not
>even notice (or maybe my dealer lost them on bike prep - yeah that's it...)

His bike was built in April and yours was bould in November, right?
Perhaps the rubber strips are one of the in-line desigh changes that
Ross was talking about. I know that on my bike (built 3/99) I don't
have the rubber bits but I *do* have three contact points under the
seat that have worn away at each other.