Re: Brake Lag

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:40:26 -0700, "Paul Steinbacher"
<psteinbacher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> If you find a fix, please let me know. I am having the same problem.
>> The brakes are mushy enough that I can squeeze the lever all the way
>> back to the bar with the adjuster on the #1 setting. The brakes work
>> fine, and I can lock the front wheel with a single finger without
>> coming close to the grip so I don't think it's air.
>>
>Same for me, although when I removed the wheel to change the tire it got
>better for about a week.

That is odd. I noticed the same thing after having my tire changed.
Worked really well for about a week, then gradually got mushy again. I
thought it might have been a sticking piston (1) but they all look
fine to me.

(1) Another lister mentioned that they found a stuck caliper piston
that made things a bit mushy.