Re: New ST Day 2 (long)

Greg,
My experience with the taller windscreen has shown that it reduces or eliminates the
wind blast to the chest, shoulders and upper arms leaving only your head in the wind
stream.  It should work well on cool or rainy days.  The only drawbacks so far have
been increased susceptibility to cross winds and enhanced cowl/mirror shake at high
speeds.
The notchy transmission will improve as you put on more miles.  My ST was almost
impossible to shift when new, but the effort and feel improved with use and after
the first oil change the shifter worked great.  Make sure you adjust the shifter
pedal to its lowest possible position without binding as this really improves
things.  My engine also tended to surge somewhat when new at low speeds, but this
went away with more miles too.  It seems these bikes are very tight when new and
need the full break in period before everything works smoothly.

Dan