Re: risers/tall shield

At 10:43 AM 08/16/1999 -0500, David Arnett wrote:
 >The front brakes seem to work better now!  I think either the Gen Mar
 >supplied line does not expand under pressure as much, or I did a better job
 >at bleeding the brakes than the factory (doubtful!), or a combination of
 >both.

I found the same to be true - maybe the new line is of higher quality.

 >  I would inquire about the brake line gaskets, and insist that they be
 >sent as part of the kit.  I bought five of these gaskets at a Yamaha dealer
 >(on the way home from work) for $9.36 (ouch).  I almost didn't buy them out
 >of principle of being bean-holed, but I let them know how I felt about it,
 >pulled my pants back up and left.  I did try an automotive parts supplier

I asked GenMar to add that to the notes on the risers - to make sure that
you (the purchaser) pick up some new crush washers. At the local triumph
dealer, mine were only 75 cents each.

The cables are added to the kit as a convenience so that the customer
doesn't have to run around looking for a new cable. The assumption was that
the crush washers (like the new brake fluid that is also needed) are
readily available from local sources and therefore is one less thing that
they (GenMar) have to worry about stocking.

 >turbulence.  Keep us posted.  If it works, draw a plan for it and send/fax
 >to Eric, so he can put it on the site...or maybe sell them to other listers,
 >or Triumph.  I don't know what their "brace" consists of, or if it really

will be happy to add it if he finds that it works.

- - Eric