Re: Radiator problem

I have found that when I fill the expansion tank near the top mark, coolant will slop around more and leak out of the fill cap and dribble down and leak onto my swingarm?? loose fitting cap!!  It doesn't seem to do it when near the lower mark??? A head gasket leak can cause coolant level to drop also...how about this...stop the bike and have a cylinder fill with coolant...then try starting it!!!  Usually steam will show in the exhaust if this were the problem.   My $0.02!!

>>> "Anderson, Neil G" <AndersNG@xxxxxx> 08/16 12:51 PM >>>
I checked the coolant level in the radiator header tank behind the left rear
fairing at the weekend and found it was empty - perhaps this is the first
sign of a radiator leak?  I can't think why the tank would empty itself
otherwise.  This is supposed to be one of the routine checks, looks like
it's worth checking before every trip.

Neil