Re: second gear problem

At 12:15 AM 08/17/1999 +0000, Rick Damiani wrote:
 >Next time you are out on the bike, pay close attention to how far you
 >actually pull that clutch lever in when shifting. Several years ago I
 >had a discussion like this with some friends and started paying
 >attention to what I was doing more closely. I discovered that, while I
 >was squeezing the clutch lever, I was not actually doing anything with
 >it other than taking up the slack in the cable. In the tens of

Thanks - your post got me thinking, so I had to check. While the action is
fast, I do squeeze to the point that the clutch is disengaged. Although I
must agree that there are probably times in the heat of the moment where I
am actually upshifting or downshifting without the benefit of the clutch.

- - Eric