Tires...again

Eric,

I now have just over 4000 miles on my ST and the rear tire is finally
starting to show significant wear.  The front is fine, but I may have to
replace the rear before the summer is over.  I am starting to consider
different tire alternatives and am, frankly, a little overwhelmed.  A
little longer lived tire would be nice, but I'm not willing to sacrifice
any grip.

There has been a lot of discussion on the list in the past few months
about tires, but it's a little hard to draw any conclusions from it.
There have been recommendations for the Dunlop, Michelin, Pirelli, etc.
Some recommend a slightly wider tire, some say stay with stock
dimensions.

You have put out some wonderful summaries of our discussion topics in
the past.  Do you have a summary of everyone's opinions on tire choice?
Or, as an alternative, can you direct me to a published article that
would quantitively measure each tire against the others?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

- -- Shon