Re: Mirror Vibrations

  Yesterday I had a chance to take the ST up to 120 and cruise while
playing with the mirrors. An accident on I-90 had all the MHP occupied, so
I felt safe.  The mirrors and the tips of the fairing were shaking
violently at this speed, but placing my index finger on the fairing tip
without much pressure,worked wonders in settling things down. Obviously,
the tips are flimsy and with the added weight of the mirrors, not
structurally sound. They need to be stiffer. What about inserting something
stiff between the red bodywork and the black plastic behind it to minimize
or eliminate the fluttering?

Duner Tor
Bozeman MT