New Perspective

I've been meaning to write about this all week, but with all of the
Rally planning, I haven't had the chance.  This past Saturday, we took
my ST in for its 6000 mile service (I have around 5600 on her).  This
meant that for our Sunday ride, I found myself in the unusual position
of being pillion on Richard's ST.

It really wasn't too bad from a comfort standpoint, but if you are
carrying pillions, I guarantee that the front seat is more comfortable
for a longer period of time!  If I were riding back there regularly, I'd
be pushing for a different seat.  However, in comparison, I do have to
say that the back seat on the ST is just as comfortable as the Corbin
was on the '98 Sprint Exec.  Also, the "foot room" is fine.  I do not
have small feet, and I had no problem, even with the bags on.  To make
it more comfortable, though, I probably would want to change the metal
pegs for Trophy pegs for long distance travel back there.

As for the ride itself, Richard handled the change in the suspension
beautifully.  It was the first time I had ever ridden behind him on the
ST for any distance.  I did hate giving up the front seat, though.  Once
you've had that control, it takes some adjusting to sit on back.  Going
around one curve on a very twisty road that we seem to take every
Sunday, he even leaned enough to put a couple of nice scratches on the
belly of his baby!!  He heard it happen and I didn't.  I'm just glad the
Chatter Boxes were turned down so I didn't hear all of the cussing!  I
don't know if this occurred, though, just because of his lean angle or a
combination of his angle and an unevenly paved blacktop road . . . .

All in all, she's not a bad ride for the back seat, but I think I stick
primarily to the front . . ;-)!

Lisa & Richard White
'99 RED Sprint STs