Re: Vanity plate trivia

In Germany, if you get a nice 'beampter' they will let you sift through the pile of returned registrations when you go to the Fahrzeuglassungstelle (registration centre).  Not meaning to imply *anything* sexist whatsoever, but I and many friends have found that the German guys (presumably who have bikes, or to whom this sort of thing matters) are really nice about letting you choose. The women beampters on the other hand dont bear thinking about :(
Consequently I got this plate for free; just sifted through 20 for one I liked.  For DM20 (10 euro = $10) you can choose any limited combination. We are lucky in Darmstadt (you have to have 'DA'), so we end up with DA-MN, DA-RK, DA-FT etc.  Most cities of course have some obscure combination with umlaut's etc. but there are some choice Cuckshafen and Coburg combination :)  Of course ones that are 'obscene' in english are fine :)

I ahve the personalised plate from my Alfa Spider (UK reg) for sale if anyone is interested - WPY 810.    PLease write off list for price.
thanks
Jonathan

>>> Patrick Sutton <sooty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 20/08/99 11:39:34 >>>
>Hey you "guys" over the water
>
>Just what does a vanity/personalised plate cost over there?  In the EU
>it varies from unavailable through cheap but useless (Germany) and
>expensive but more flexible (Austria) to unaffordable (UK).
>
>Jonathan, in all honesty, was yours worth it?
>
>Mark
>Regular L 7125 C
>Austria

I paid  £399.00 for T900 TBD ( Triumph 900 T/BirD ) for the Thunderbird.
R595 UUJ for the Daytona was free.

Regards

Patrick