Re: Friday the 13th....

Neil wrote: " Then the dash catches my attention. The oil
  light begins to flicker periodically but goes out once off idle. But each subsequent stop the light comes on
  stronger until it is fully lit at idle"
I am having this problem, usually when the bike is thoroughly warmed up after a blast on the Autobahn or some fast twisties. The oil level seems fine when viewed through the site glass, and there seem to be no oil leaks.
Anyone have any ideas?
Eric, I think you mentioned this was also from the T595 list some time ago?
thanks
Jonathan

>>> Eric Sheley <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> 20/08/99 16:00:51 >>>
 >Well here I am at the credit union filling out a withdrawal slip for a large
 >chunk of change to be paid to Riverside motorcyles, having the day before
 >plunked down a deposit on a black 1999 Triumph Sprint ST. What better then
 >weekend looming before me and and a new set of wheels, when as I fill in the
 >date it hits me, Friday, August 13th ..... Friday the 13th..... Naw. I don't
 >believe in that nonsense

To read the rest of new ST owner Neil Halbert's Friday the 13th adventure,
go to the ST website

http://www.TriumphNet.com/st click on the "Rides/Cmnts" link and go to
"Feedback/Insight" - his is the first article.

Glad to have you on board Neil - sorry that your first day experience
wasn't a little better.

(Mental note: Do not pick up a new bike on Friday the 13th!)

- - Eric