Pirelli tyre report

Just clocked up 6000 km on the Pirelli Dragon GTS (replacements for the BT57).
They have 3 mm tread left on the rear (from 6.5mm new). The rear is not squared off at all, despite alot of motorway bashing, which might be that Pirelli have selected a better match of dual compounds than Bridgestone did.  Certainly by this stage the 'sides' of the BT57 were badly worn in comparison.
The other thing I noticed about the Pirelli's is that the tread (Dual Arc Tread they call it) is designed so that there is no groove on the front at the 10-15mm max wear point;  this seems to work well in keeping the front wear very even.  On the 57's (and most other tyres) I noticed there would be a 'step' between one tread block and the following one, where a groove ran across the tyre.
Similarly for the back, the main groove only crosses the centre line infrequently, giving maximum rubber coverage in the centre region. The wear seems very even and there is at least 2mm to go until the 'wear indicator' bars are revealed.  I think the rear will last to at least 8500 km, similar to my '57, but much more useable from 4000-8500 then the Bridgestone.

I'll stop there as I'm starting to sound like the Pirelli version of Bibendum.... just thought others thinking of changing tyres on the ST might be interested.

cheers
Jonathan

ps. for more info see
http://www.pirelli-moto.com/
look under products... Dragon.... Dragon GTS (MTR 23/24).