Re: Friday the 13th....

Thanks Dan,
It is normally at about 1000, so when it gets a bit hot I am pretty sure it drops to 900 or so and causes the problem - probably nothing wrong with the sender (the pressure at 900 revs is probably marginal - nice to see the guage is so sensitive). I will just ask them to reset the idle to 1100 and see if that clears it.
cheers
Jonathan

>>> "Dan W." <Danw65@xxxxxxxxxxx> 21/08/99 03:56:23 >>>
This happened to me once.  It was a hot day and I was going through stop and go traffic.  I let the clutch out too fast and killed the motor at one stop light, pulled in the clutch and thumbed the start button on the fly and
took off.  As I was slowing for the next stop, I noticed the oil light flickering.  At the stop the oil light stayed on.  I also noticed that my idle was a few ticks low.  When I reved the engine, the oil light went off, when
I let it idle, the oil light came back on.  I pulled over and turned the bike off for about 20 minutes, checked the oil lever (OK) and started the bike again.  The idle was back up and the oil light never came on again (3000
miles).  This is just a long way of asking if your idle is set right.  Mine idles around 1100 or so.  It was idling at 900 when the oil light came on.

Just a thought

Dan.