NY area dealers, vanity plates, lock protection

I have been lurking here for a month or two awaiting the arrival of the
Y2K Triumphs while stealthily visiting area dealers. I have not settled
on a dealer yet. I live in Essex County, New Jersey and I'm probably
going to go with Cycle Connection in Lodi ( they also own Big City
Motorcycles (aka Ducati Manhattan) and many of the employees work in
both places). They seem quite friendly. I had the pleasure of riding
through the Lincoln Tunnel with one of the mechanics. He rides a '95
Ducati 900 Monster. Quite the sound experience riding behind one in that
echo tube! He suggested that I get a 750 Monster but my heart is settled
on the Sprint ST.

What I would like to know is: Does anyone on this list have any
complaints, praise or comments about either shop? The price of the bike
is not the issue. I'm more concerned with quality of service and
warranty repairs. Does anyone have a suggestion for another shop that is
in my area?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

When I moved from Connecticut to New Jersey last year I got a plain old
standard issue license plate. V6007. I thought "Hmmm. 007. That belongs
on a British bike." (I know. I know. In the last Bond flick he rides a
Beemer.) As for the V6, I might just have to put a second engine on the
Sprint after I make the purchase. ;-)   I will be transferring the plate
to the new bike and then re-register the old one.

As for lock protection. It seems to me that the used ones will adhere
better than the "virgin" ones.

Just my $.02 (Anyone know what that is in euros?)

Steve Lawler