Oil Leak Update

Phoned Triumph today.
They decided, as the Dealer is not far away and because they would have
better facilities, that it would be better to have the bike back at the
factory (talk about factory recall !)
As of  3pm they have finished work on the bike and just have to road test it
in the morning before returning it to the dealer tomorrow afternoon.
The steering problem appears to have been due to overtight head bearings and
the oil leak to some kind of failure with the 3M bond stuff they use instead
of a gasket.
Mine is the only Sprint they've had with this problem and they took the
opportunity to take it to the factory to investigate why it failed.
Oh and the week before I took the Sprint back in, I bled the brakes using a
MityVac. The couple of times I rode before leaving it at the dealers, the
brakes were fine - no lag at all !

I will comment more once I've got the Sprint back in my grubby paws.

Martin W.
Triumph Sprint ST (99)
Bandit6
Too Dangerous to live, Too Stupid to Die
http://www.onewheelsenough.freeserve.co.uk/BanzaiBAndit/