Howdy - part II

LONG message to follow - skip if you have a short attention span.

Jeff Jenkins in Nashville, TN again...  thanks to everyone who wrote me,
I'll try and respond this weekend.  Am heading out to work again and thought
to leave another quick note.

My financing was approved and the mechanic said the ST was ready to roll so
I headed out ot Collier Cycles to look at the black 99 Sprint I've had my
eye on.  When I got there they had it on the rack again, the idiot lights
were warning of something wrong and he was in the midst of a diagnostic.  A
customer has borrowed the tool he needs to fix/diagnose what's wrong and it
won't be ready till tomorrow at the earliest.

Major bummer....  I am totally nervous about the whole affair, it will be my
first NEW vehicle of any kind and I know that buying new is a horrible thing
to do money wise, what with the drop in resale value after a year or two,
but I'm tired of having bikes that are always broken down and out of
warranty.  I also have this overwhelming feeling of guilt, as if I am doing
something wrong... darnit I'm well past the age of 21 and will have the
whole thing paid off within a month, even the financing that I have to do.
My mother and my late father did a really good job teaching me to feel
ashamed of "foolish" things, such as riding motorcycles or (GASP!) buying
NEW ones.....

I actually threw up this morning while getting ready to go get the bike.
Crazy, huh?

No real purpose of writing this, just wanted to share how I felt.

I asked about the engine and centerstand recall work, they said it was
fine...  didn't check about the tie around the wiring as I was advised, will
do so tomorrow.  The only thing about the bike I am concerned about is the
riding position, I took a testride a couple months ago and liked the bike
but hated the riding position.  It was a VERY short ride, and all under
35mph....  I've never ridden sport bikes, always sat straight up for the
most part.  Everyone has said it might be a problem but that if so risers
would help, just how effective are they?  Should I reconsider this bike, I
haven't signed for the bike or the financing yet so I can still back out
without a problem.  I am 6' tall, weigh in at a hefty 270, and am 31 years
old.  Pulled my back a couple years ago but no problems since.

Thanks