Re: Howdy - Jeff

Jeff. Bert Bota in Taos. Trust your gut. No matter what anyone else tells
you or how much you tell yourself it's going to be ok, you'll probably
always be waiting for the other shoe to drop. Anytime I do anything in a
hurry, it's usually fear based and I screw it up. That's not the best place
to come from.

I spent 26 years flying airplanes for a major airline, was an instructor
pilot, yada, yada and the major screw ups I attempted to correct in my
students, and myself, was that of poor judgment; fear based, doing things
too quick, without taking a deep breath before doing and considering the
consequences. I saw guys create multiple emergencies, shut the wrong engine
down, etc moving too quickly. Moving too fast became a touchstone for me
for a new awareness to move slowly, counter to what my mind was usually
telling me.

>From how you described your shop, loaning tools to customers, etc. isn't
giving you a great amount of comfort either. It might not be the right
place to buy the bike.

The guilt sounds like it was implanted very well by mom and dad. If all the
other variables sort themselves out the guilt trip will probably be far
overshadowed by the ass kickin' fun you'll have on the Trumpet! ..

Hey man, I spent years getting over the guilt of having so much fun on
bikes. You ain't alone.

The barfing isn't crazy. Listen to your body. You might ask yourself if
these symptoms have shown themselves in the past and how did the situation
turn out?  Were the symptoms valid or was it just your fear that you had to
push through?

>No real purpose of writing this, just wanted to share how I felt.

There is a purpose in writing this, don't downplay the fact that you're
legitimately concerned and the way you move through this stuff will
probably be the way you move through other blocks in your life as well..

I appreciate your concerns. My latest life is creating "Rides of Passage"
and "Cycles of Our Lives" for leaders and executives and coaching them into
a kind of personal leadership that carries over into their professional
lives. I make a practice of studying how our passion for speed, vehicles
and adrenaline relates to personal development. I also work with new riders
and how their passion for motorcycling might be directed into a life
purpose, something that speaks to their heart.

Sounds like you're big enough to make the stretch to the bars easy enough;
sounds like maybe you just need to get used to the new riding position.
Sounds like some of the other guys that replied worked through the
handlebar position as well. Lots of options out there. Gen Mar risers and,
maybe soon to come, Helibars might help your situation. Best to you,

Bert

ps: If you want to chat about this further, email or call me and I'd be
happy to coach you through this. 505-751-1215/1218 Fax

BBota@xxxxxxxxxx       ::::