Re: Lance LaCerte - Heated grip size

Bert,

It is a two position switch rocker switch with center ('neutral') being off.
Pressed forward seems to be a sort of 'start', fast warm up position.
Pressed back seems to be a somewhat lower setting although I wouldn't swear
to much temperature change; all I know is that having those heated grips (as
you are well aware from your Beemer),  should be a factory standard on all
bikes.   As for placement, it appears that many of the ST listers who
contributed input on the switch placement were anxious about installing it
on the fairing for fear of screwing up the paint job.  The grip kit comes
complete with a template which adheres very nicely to the left side fairing.
I drilled four holes, one in each corner of the template rectangle opening
and then cut the rest of the rectangle out with a coping saw.  I buffed off
any rough edges with a dremel tool.  The rocker switch snaps smartly into
place and completely covers over the retangular opening ---- so the long
winded answer is that I mounted it just as the directions indicated and I
think it looks sharp!!!!  (I've done a number of other modifications, such
as installing the rear hugger and then chopping off that ludicrous black
plastic rear fender and remounting the license plate directly under the tail
light, then installing some short racing style rear turn signals---- what a
great clean and sharp look the rear end now has!).

Fay Meyers in Denver is the only local Triumph dealer.  Their service on the
bike has been exceptional.

Hopefully, we're close enough that we'll get to hook up sometime.  I still
think holding the ST rally in 2000 in your neck of the woods is a great
idea.

Catch ya later,  Lance