Re: Hit by car -- only 16 days old!

If I don't reply to each and every message I received, I hope you will
understand and forgive me.

Previously, you (Eric Sheley) wrote:
> Bill, sorry to hear of the crash, but glad to hear that you're still with
> us. Make sure to monitor your sore spots and head off to the doc if you
> find anything getting worse. It sometimes takes a day or two for problems
> to show up.

Don't I know it.  I was a volunteer paramedic in Canada who had to
triage at my share of gruesome accidents.  Not fun, but someone had to
do it.

I called the doc yesterday and he phoned in a perscription for something
for muscular pain.  I will be seeing him tomorrow.  In the meantime I am
liberally using hydrogen peroxide on the roadrash, followed by
Polysporin ointment (that stuff is over the counter in Canada but I
think it is perscription only in the US -- nuts!), a sponge dressing and
a wrap to hold it in place.  It is already looking better.

> Could be a lot of things. How did the oil cooler make out ? Also look for a
> cover that may have been punched through by a fairing mount etc. As Rich
> already suggested they should be pulling the heads to check things out.

I don't know how anything under the bodywork is.  I haven't had the
heart to take it off myself.  The bodywork was only scraped, not
cracked for it to puncture anything.  The only true crack was at the top
left near a fastener, but that was just from everything shifting.  From
the outside I can't see anything that would lead to a puncture inside.

The shop opens in 40 minutes and then I'll arrange for transport and the
first look-see.

I'll post followups as I learn the details.

- --
Bill Flowers - Never Say Die
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"