Re: Fwd: Avon Azaro

- --IMA.Boundary.1636464490

I'm  not sure how the street tire compares to the race version,
but if they give the same feel as the race tire, and some better mileage =
I'll =

have to order some.
     =

     Bruce,
     =

     The street version has the same handling characteristics as the stic=
ky =

     version but (big surprise) last longer and isn't as sticky (Duh!). =

     I've ordered a pair of the super sports version for my ST because I =

     got an excellent deal (front and rear for GB=A3175) but have found o=
n my =

     TL that a sticky front with a road rear is an excellent combination.=

     =

     On the TL wear was as follows
     Sticky front 6000+ miles
     Sticky rear  Best: 2500 miles      Worst: 750 miles :)
     Road rear    Best: 6500 miles      Worst: 2000 miles
     =

     Martin,
     Dublin, Ireland

- --IMA.Boundary.1636464490

Interestingly,  one of the top-rated tires was the Avon Azaro, which I
haven't seen mentioned in tire discussions on this list.

    I have been running an Azaro since the ST Rallye. I have around 4,000
on it now and really like the tire. Great in the wet from what I've
found also. Wears longer. I'm not the "on the edge" type rider, but it
works great for me. I think my replacement is still documented on the ST
web site.

- --
Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
Raytheon Company
Telephone: 972-952-5065
'99 Triumph Sprint ST "Merlin"

"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"

- --IMA.Boundary.1636464490--