Re: RE: Rookie chain adjustment question

Most people that I have run across just "eyeball" it.  Much better too loose than too tight, as when the suspension swings up, the distance between the sprokets increases, which can be a problem if the chain is already tight when the suspension is slack.  I have noticed that the chain will tighten up a little from sitting cold and full operational temperature.